|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Maintenance/Engineering Technician II|
|Job Location(s):||Brooklyn Center, MN|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Certification or Vocational|
|Required Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Maintenance - Machines, Heavy Equipment Technician/Operator, Skilled Trades - General|
|Job Title:||Maintenance/Engineering Technician II|
|Job Requisition Number:||12-11032|
|Area of Interest:||Engineering|
|Position Type:||Full-Time Regular|
|Job Description:||Position Mission: Performs equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs in green blending, roasting, packaging, and distribution warehouse.|
* Supports manufacturing operations by familiarity in operation of all machinery.
* Monitors equipment and processes to maintain quality and safety.
* Assists with preventative maintenance, work order, and inventory records.
* Maintains 90% or better machine run time by troubleshooting equipment problems.
* Maintains equipment in a safe, efficient operating condition.
* Completes scheduled maintenance on all roasting and packaging equipment.
* Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of roasting and packaging equipment.
* Provides assistance with new equipment installations and modifications.
* Communicates with Engineering Manager, support operations department heads, and production team members.
* Trains team members on new equipment.
* Ensures fair and consistent application of Caribou Coffee Company policy and procedures.
* Participates in safety committee meetings and initiatives.
* Understands and complies with all Food Safety and related programs, such as but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOPs), and Adverse Health Policy.
* Trade school diploma in electronic and mechanical disciplines in packaging equipment required.
* At least 5 years experience with Vertical Form Fill and Seals (VFFSs), Digital Scales, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), Steppers, and Servomotors required.
* Extensive knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems required.
* Ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic schematics required.
* Able to operate forklifts and scissor lifts required. Certification will be provided.
* Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) experience is preferred.
* Clear written and verbal communications.
* Good time management skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
* Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
* Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
* Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
* Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
* Understanding and compliance with all Food Safety and related programs, such as but not limited to GMP's, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOPs), and Adverse Health Policy.
* Availability to work a flexible schedule including 2nd shift, overtime, and weekend coverage required.
The physical requirements for this position are:
* Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
* Must be able to work "on your feet".
* Must be able to endure constant leaning and bending during shift.
* Must be able to handle/move up to 750 pound bins on casters.
* Airborne particles
* High places
* Moving parts
* Muscular strain
* High temperatures
** Must have the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.