Buerkle Automotive, including Buerkle Honda, Buerkle Hyundai, Buerkle Acura and Buerkle Collision Center, has been family owned and operated since 1953.
Our dealerships provide a full range of services including sales of both new and used vehicles from a highly trained friendly sales staff, full service mechanical repair and maintenance departments with certified automotive technicians, retail and wholesale parts departments with full courier service, and a state of the art collision center and paint shop providing fast reliable professional service for the company's customers. Buerkle employees take great pride in providing the best possible service to our customers from beginning to end.
Buerkle. Family. Since 1953.
Currently the Buerkle Honda dealership is
seeking highly motivated candidates to fill the following position:
Automotive Journeyperson Technician
The Journey Technician position is an A-level technician position
providing job candidates an excellent opportunity to
build a rewarding career at our expanding Buerkle Honda dealership.
Honda experience preferred, but not required.
The Buerkle Honda service department offers a flexible work week.
The current opening includes evenings & Saturdays.
Journey technicians are able to diagnose problems and make repairs ranging from routine vehicle service and simple repairs to unusual complex repairs. Journey technicians are often specialized and use a variety of computerized systems to complete their work.
- Confer with customers and service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
- Communicates with the service advisor if additional work is needed on a vehicle or if assigned work will not be completed in the allotted time frame, so that customers can be informed.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Experience : One to ten years related experience. Honda experience preferred, but not required.
Computer Skills: Proficient in general computer operations. Must possess the ability to become proficient in specialized computer programs and web-sites specific to the dealership and franchise.
Certificates & Licenses: Successful completion of professional automotive training in a National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)-certified program.
Professional certification by the National Institute of Automobile Service Excellence (ASE) in all eight automotive specialty areas (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmissions and axel, brakes, and front end) is preferred, but not required.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Must meet and maintain standards for driver acceptability as determined by the insurance company utilized by the dealership.
Journey technicians must possess mechanical aptitude and knowledge of how automobiles work. Journy technicians are required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state and local regulations that affect their operations, but also to comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA Right-To-Know regulatons.
Must possess the ability to complete specialized training specific to the manufacturer’s requirements.
Please follow the link to apply online.