Physician Assistant – Certified for Spine Orthopedics – Full-time
Top 5% Earnings Opportunity!
Join Midwest Spine Institute--an innovative orthopedic spine and neurosurgical spine practice with numerous locations across the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin. Started in 1987, we are a comprehensive spine institute that includes fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeon, certified physician assistants, sub-specialty trained interventional pain physicians, physical therapists and highly skilled clinical staff, all dedicated to helping patients return to an active life. Patient-focused care. Life-changing results
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficient use of the electronic patient record.
- Assist physicians with surgical procedures.
- Enter surgery orders and health information into electronic health record.
- Provide call coverage as required.
- Hospital rounding according to internal protocol.
- Complete comprehensive health histories and assessments for new and existing patients.
- Perform physical exams. Assess patient needs, make recommendations for care and provide education for patients. See patients for recheck, follow-up, pre-and post-operative.
- Order and interpret x-ray and laboratory studies.
- Incorporate evidence-based research into clinical practice.
- Assist physicians with chart reviews and dictation for medical/legal correspondence.
- Prescribe medications and durable medical devices as indicated and designated according to the Internal Protocol For Prescription Delegation.
- Answer patient calls regarding medical care. Assist with the care teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned. i.e. research, outcomes studies, etc.
This position works collaboratively with surgeons, interventional pain physicians, mid-level providers, and physical therapists across multiple departments and locations. Experience with NextGen EMR/EPM highly desirable. Some local travel required. Excellent pay and benefit package. Proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.