We have immediate openings for Day Treatment Therapists /MHPs at our Shoreview location, in our pre-adolescent program. You will work with a team of 6-8 therapists and academic staff to provide services to children ages 5-10.
- Provide individual and group therapy to clients.
- Maintain therapeutic relationships with all clients in the program through milieu management.
- Facilitate and/or co-facilitate group therapy sessions and other therapeutic activities
- Perform proper use de-escalation and restraining techniques for children and adolescents in unsafe situations.
- Develop and monitor ITPs for caseload clients and ensure treatment plan is followed in order to attain set goals.
- Coordinate treatment goals with educational goals and with primary support system.
- Participate in intake assessments, conferences, IEP due process meetings, reviews, and discharge planning.
- Provide follow up on unexcused client absences, behavioral problems, crisis, and safety issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources and community agencies.
- Develop specific intervention for each client’s mental health needs.
- Participate in medication monitoring for clients.
- Write prior authorizations to ensure insurance payments.
- Accurately document all communication relative to client.
- Complete case notes daily.
- Complete weekly dictation summarizing client’s participation level.
- Write monthly progress notes and monthly case consults.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings.
- Attend monthly group processing meetings and clinical consults.
- Plan group activities and recommend changes as needed.
- Participate in team development at the program, site, and company level.
- Master’s degree in behavioral sciences or related field.
- Experience in working with SED children and their families in both individual and group therapy