Gannett Publishing Services - Minneapolis has a full-time Press Operator position available. Web offset experience required. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Position requires a high level of concentration and diligence to safety procedures and quality issues. This position requires working with ink and water controls, roll tending, press maintenance and quality control.
This position works 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule with regular overtime requirements. Noise level in this environment is loud.
- Operate an Offset Web Press. This includes set ups, running jobs, monitoring inks, maintenance and repair.
- Oversee the operation of the press crew including enforcement safety and environmental policies/procedures, coordination of job duties/responsibilities as related to the job on press, work direction of the crew and provide leadership/direction.
- Be able to troubleshoot when needed.
- Check print quality throughout the shift. Take necessary action to meet quality standards.
- Help make necessary adjustments and repairs to ensure proper operation or the press
- Work safely.
- Be able to enter information in the computer system
- Mechanical aptitude a must
- Operation of a printing press preferred.
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to work any shift including weekends
- Computer experience is helpful
- Able to work alone or with a team
This position includes a full benefit package, health, dental, vision and 401k. EOE