Sales Application Engineer
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
A Sales Application Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the sale of assigned product lines within established Company territory and on customer listing. Responsible for promoting a favorable image of the Company and must have customer contact experience.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Ensures that product line order intake of the product lines assigned are at or above budget and consistent with the Company's policies and practices. Enters new orders and holds internal coordination (Kick-Off) meeting.
- Works with personnel in selling and marketing operations. Ensures that product prices and policies are timely and complete on quotation requests. Makes product line presentations.
- Ensure that new product ideas are properly presented to the Sales Manager or Director of Business Development & Sales.
- Participates in strategic market analysis and forecasting.
- Establishes and maintains an excellent working relationship with all customers and other industry influences served by product lines handled.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry price levels, policies, patterns and trends.
- Participation at designated trade shows.
- Accumulates and maintains information regarding competitor’s product detail, market share, financial reports, personnel, price books, manufacturing facilities, strategies, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Takes a leadership role in "product advocate" activities to help assure timely completion of new product and cost improvement projects. Generates and maintains product literature including sell sheets, brochures, presentations, etc.
- Operates within bounds of good ethical, professional, legal, and business standards in accomplishment of assigned responsibilities.
- Responsible for contacting and coordinating with Marketing and other departments to assure that departmental and company quotas and goals are met. Provides guidance and suggestions to Field Sales Engineers, Sales, and Market Managers in formulating sales strategies, handling customer negotiations, conducting promotional programs, gathering competitor and market information, and making customer visits. Provide data for the creation of order intake forecast.
- Responsible for reviewing specifications and processing multiple negotiations in an accurate and timely fashion. Coordinate meetings with customers and A/R. Develops understanding of customer’s needs and coordinates with A/R to assure that all details of specifications, pricing and delivery are clearly and completely communicated during negotiations and at order entry time.
BS degree (electrical or mechanical engineering preferred) or equivalent industry specific business experience.
- 1 to 2 + Years experience in a technical sales roles.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of current operating systems and software common to business applications, i.e. – MS Office.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly on commercial, technical, management and employee relations issues with entry level through executive management.
- Ability to understand and utilize Total Quality Management Skills in evaluating problems and leading process improvement work groups.
- Ability to read and understand financial reports. Ability to motivate the workgroup to succeed through demonstrated interpersonal communicative skills.
- Ability to understand basic business related problems.
- Physical ability to travel within manufacturing and office facilities. This requires climbing stairs and moving over, around and about shop machinery and in-process apparatus in a safe manner.
- Ability to travel world-wide on short notice.