Responsible for supervision of shift employee workers. Produce products according to the schedule. Maintain records, train employees, operate equipment safety, and understand regulations and standard operating procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Direct and coordinate production workers within company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe production environment.
- Comply with all personnel policies.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and process records.
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Confer with managers to assure coordination of planned down time schedules.
- Responsible for performance evaluation of production workers.
- Perform management cycle audits.
- Develop and administer shift meetings to convey policies, safety, and other issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior knowledge of employment regulations normally acquired through a training course and experience.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations and safety training.
- Ability to motivate and lead workers to produce products scheduled.
- Knowledge of continuous flow product manufacturing.
- Computer skills for data entry.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and other PPE as needed. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Education and Other Requirements
Food production experience required. Bakery experience is preferred.
Experience must include 5 years of manufacturing supervisory responsibility. Knowledge of OSHA, FDA, EEOC and other government regulations pertaining to employees and food production.