|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Multiple Openings for Experienced Automotive Technicians|
|Company:||Village Automotive Group|
|Job Location(s):||Maplewood, MN; Wayzata, MN|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Automotive, Skilled Trades - Mechanical, Transportation|
Hours: Full time hours working days and Saturdays.
Functions as Level III technician who is able to complete work assigned by their department Supervisor or Lead and continue education as necessary to attain Level II technician position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
2. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and performs repair correctly the first time.
3. Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
4. Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
5. Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
6. Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
7. Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
8. Road tests vehicles when required to duplicate concerns or to verify concern.
1. Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events and keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
2. Must complete Lexus learning modules and foundations within the first 90 days of employment; must be Lexus certified and completed up to 4 ASEs within first year of employment.
1. Reports machinery defects or malfunctions on equipment or special service tools to supervisor.
2. Ensures customers' cars and shop are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
3. Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received and assists in keeping department and assigned work area neat, clean and safe.
1. Operates all tools & equipment in a safe manner (i.e. lifts, balancer, alignment rack, air tools, etc).
2. Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc. Reports any safety issues immediately to management. (Use of ear and eye protection required.)
Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. High school diploma or GED; plus 6 months to one year related automotive experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive technical school or T-10 training preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports & read and understand computers.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
5. Valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record & at least 18 years of age required to drive company or customer vehicles.
6. Recommended Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
A. Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
B. Brakes Certification for Auto/Light Truck
C. Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Auto/Light Truck
D. Engine Performance Certification for Auto/Light Truck
E. Engine Repair Certification for Auto/Light Truck
F. Heating and Air Conditioning Certification for Auto/Light Truck
G. Manual Drive Train and Axle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
H. Suspension and Steering Certification for Auto/Light Truck