Kato Engineering, Inc., a business unit of Emerson Industrial Automation is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in Mankato, MN
Research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems and direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with sales to research and analyze customer specifications to create design proposals for performance and manufacturability
- Create detailed designs for manufacturing in a cross functional environment following Safety, NPD, Lean, and Quality initiatives
- Create and direct final release of production documentation, assigning GD&T dimensional tolerance on parts and checking tolerance stack up based on those dimensions. Kato uses ProE and ACAD CAD systems in a TeamCenter PLM environment with an in-house ANSYS FEA team.
- Work closely with production during construction of initial machine release to record and improve manufacturing or procurement challenges.
- Work with Field Service to plan field installations and evaluate field problems to provide solutions
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years or more experience
- Knowledge of AC or DC synchronous / inductive motors and generators
- Experience with rotating equipment and generators is preferred but not required
- Candidate must be a US Citizen as Kato Engineering contracts through the US Department of Defense
Additional Company Information Kato Engineering is a world leader in engineering and manufacturing high quality generators and M-G sets. Concentrating in the 200 kW to 25 MW range, our products can be found in major industries all over the world. Oil, gas, coal, uranium, copper, iron ore, lumber... Kato generators supply power to tap the world's resources. Tankers, freighters, locomotives, aircraft, mass transit... Kato furnishes the power to keep all of them moving. Hospitals, communication, remote areas of the country, or any place where dependable, controllable electrical power is needed... is where you will find Kato generators.
We are proud of our 82-year tradition of design and manufacturing excellence and innovation. Kato Engineering has over 500 employees in its 245,000 sq-foot facility in North Mankato, Minnesota. It has an in-house research & development, design engineering, purchasing, production and sales staff.
As a business unit of Emerson Industrial Automation we are able to offer a competitive rewards package. Through a strong profit sharing program employees experience contributions that reflect the performance of the company and their own individual efforts. Our medical and dental plans provide for both you and your dependents. Life insurance, 401k and long-term disability benefits give you the peace of mind you need and security for your family. We also offer additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, employee assistance programs, vacation and a generous holiday schedule.
Find out more at
Kato Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, or genetic information. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.