|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Leasing Specialist - Shamrock Court Apts|
|Company:||Thies & Talle Management, Inc|
|Job Location(s):||St. Paul, MN|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Real Estate and Property Mgmt, Sales - Representatives/Service|
Thies & Talle Management has an opening for a full-time Leasing Specialist at our apartment community in St. Paul, MN. Duties include rental, resident relations and general administrative duties. Must have good communication and customer service skills, basic computer skills, be well organized and detail oriented. Prior sales, retail, admin or property leasing experience a plus! Must be able to multi-task in a busy office atmosphere. Enjoy insurance benefits, competitive hourly rate, leasing commissions, bonuses and 401K. Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY:Shows and leases apartments or townhouses to prospective tenants. Assists with other office-related duties as necessary to contribute to the property's overall performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIESinclude the following: Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice.
1. Interviews prospective residents and records information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
2. Accompanies prospects to model or available units and discusses size and layout of rooms, available facilities, such as swimming pool and saunas, location of area amenities, services available, and terms of lease.
3. Follows-up with prospect through thank you note, phone calls, etc.
4. Ensures compliance and adherence to Fair Housing laws.
5. Refers prospects to other Thies & Talle Properties as appropriate.
6. Enters prospect and applicant information into Property Management software. Uses system reports to monitor closing ratios, upselling opportunities, etc.
7. Completes lease form or agreement and collects rent deposit(s).
8. Collects monthly rents.
9. Receives service requests.
10. Maintains emergency telephone numbers.
11. Prevents solicitors from contacting residents on the property.
12. Schedules move-ins and move-outs.
13. Maintains an up-to-date resident file on every unit.
14. Monitors leasing process and attend employment training when required.
15. Provides other administrative and support assistance as needed by site office and Property Manager.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following:
1. Acts as a liaison between residents and community services.
2. Prepares and distributes notices and newsletters.
3. Helps residents and applicants with their paperwork.
4. Notifies residents of important events.
5. Assists with resident functions.
6. Files documentation in resident files.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:Must have experience promptly responding to customer's needs. Knowledge of computers and office equipment is necessary. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in sales and working with people from diverse religious, cultural, and economic backgrounds is desirable.
Language Skills:Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation required by city, county, state or federal agencies. Must be able to communicate through speaking, listening, and writing effectively with residents and outside agencies.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission and percentages. Accounting and/or bookkeeping skills are a plus.
Reasoning Ability:Needs to be able to assess a situation based upon available date and information and make timely and appropriate decisions.
Other Skills/Abilities/Specifications:This job requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently. Must be able to prioritize job duties. Time management is essential. Ability to maintain confidentiality is required. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE:Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality are needed to be available to meet with applicants, current residents, and outside vendors during regularly scheduled office hours. The success of the property and maintaining resident satisfaction and filling apartments requires staff to be available at the convenience of applicants and residents. Most buildings or apartment communities managed by Management have small staffs and employees must be able to assist other employees in job duties and be available to respond to occasional property or tenant emergencies.
WORKING CONDITIONS:The working condition characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will come in contact with applicants and residents from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, including persons with special needs, where communications may pose challenges and will require additional efforts and patience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may have to handle difficult and emotional situations.
While perfuming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; climb stairs; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS:Management will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in connection with its application process, modifications or adjustments to the work environment, and modifications or adjustments that allow a disabled individual to have equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated individuals without disabilities, unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS USED:Tools and equipment listed are representative of those typically used; other tools and equipment may be used as needed.
Use of computer, typewriter, copy machine, phone and answering service, pager, and other general office equipment.