|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Director of Special Education|
|Company:||Spring Lake Park Schools|
|Job Location(s):||Spring Lake Park, MN|
|Special Notes/Instructions:||APPLICATION PROCESS: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Education - K12, Education - Special Needs, Education - Administration|
DESCRIPTION: The Spring Lake Park School District is a suburban Minneapolis system of approximately 5,300 students comprising the communities of Blaine, Fridley, and Spring Lake Park. The District is seeking a dynamic and dedicated educational leader who will work in partnership with district and school leaders to provide leadership and vision in the area of special education, including: directing the day-to-day operations; monitoring student continuous progress; serving as an advocate for the students and parents; understanding and implementing processes and practices in compliance with state and federal laws; and managing services with other agencies.
REQUIREMENTS: Master's Degree required, specialist or doctorate preferred. The ability to obtain a Director of Special Education license through the State of Minnesota and certification in multiple special education licensure areas. Three years administrative or supervisory experience preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful Special Education Director will be an individual who…
… firmly believes:
- all students can learn and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control
- that student learning guides practice and decision-making throughout the school and system
- in the need, and has demonstrated the ability, to work interdependently, across schools and departments
- in the need, and has demonstrated the ability, to foster a commitment among staff and parent communities to creating the conditions of equity and excellence.
… has demonstrated:
- successful experience in implementing practices consistent with a high functioning special education program, with a focus on personalized learning, systems of intervention (RtI), professional learning communities, assessment for learning, facilitating high-quality professional learning, and continuous improvement
- the ability to effectively manage and lead change, including changing practices and structures in our school system that may perpetuate inequities based on race, ability and class
- the ability to shape an operational and cultural environment that is designed for trust, competence, and interdependency
- the ability to manage dialogue effectively, valuing alternative points of view in planning and decision-making
- personal professional learning and development through a strong understanding of literature related to education, student learning, and leadership
- that he or she is a visible instructional leader
SALARY: Competitive regionally
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 28, 2013
OTHER INFORMATION: The position has the opportunity to become a Director of Student Support Services with the appropriate qualifications and desires. Prospective candidates can contact Jeff Ronneberg directly at 763.785.5525 with confidential inquiries.