Status: Full Time
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
TKDA is currently seeking a Registered Mechanical Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Facilities Engineering Division in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Our preferred candidate will have 6-10 years experience in mechanical balance of plant system design and/or project management working for industrial processing/manufacturing facilities, power plants, central chiller/boiler plants refineries or other heavy industrial facilities. We service clients on both new and retro-fit projects.
This position will be responsible for preparing design details, plans, specifications, and construction documents associated with industrial facilities. Additionally some project management activities including engineering fee estimates, schedule development, project oversight, and client interaction will be required. Our candidate must work well independently and also within a team environment; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate project organization and project management skills. We are interested in a highly motivated individual that would successfully interact with clients, the public and team members.
* Design of mechanical systems; including the creation of piping & instrument diagrams, technical specifications, construction drawings, and construction cost estimates.
* Perform engineering calculations using formulas, formal training and experience to size equipment and piping.
* Write specifications, reports or opinions.
* Work with project team on the coordination of new systems and equipment into new or existing facilities.
* Work with designers to generate equipment general arrangements drawings, piping plan drawings, and isometrics.
* Work at project sites to coordinate design and communicate any design issues with team members and the client.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
6-10 years experience in industrial mechanical design and construction administration
Current Professional Engineer (PE) license, preferably in Minnesota
Working knowledge of CADD and/or Plant 3D design software, Microsoft Office Suite
Some travel will be required.