Company:Thomas Allen Inc.
Current Opportunities (18)
Location(s):1550 Humboldt Ave
West St Paul, MN
Industry:Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals / Medical
Size:500 or more
Thomas Allen, Inc. is committed to providing a positive quality of life experience while affirming each person's right to choose and realize their individual goals including where and how they learn, live, work and socialize. Thomas Allen, Inc. believes in meeting the changing needs of the client and the service industry.
Thomas Allen, Inc. promotes an individualized client centered approach in the delivery of respectful and responsive services. We are dedicated to assuring that our clients receive the level of support they need to succeed. We believe our mission is achievable as we emphasize the following objectives:
* Exercise a variety of advertising and recruiting strategies to assure qualified, competent staff are hired in a timely manner
* Provide thorough initial orientation and ongoing training that focuses on our mission
* Provide competitive wages and benefits that recognize staff value while encouraging longevity and consistency
* Remain abreast of industry trends, legislative changes through provider and county associations, assuring that Thomas Allen, Inc. is a competitive leader in the field
* Encourage family and other natural support systems while concurrently promoting inclusion in community organizations, clubs, activities, neighborhood associations, etc.
* Solicit feedback for improvement and change from clients, families and case managers
* Develop protocols and tools that support and encourage outcome based services, while remaining watchful for barriers that may limit or prevent that achievement of this outcome
* Solicit and encourage expression of personal values, goals, and dreams
Thomas Allen, Inc. has been a leader in providing services to persons with developmental disabilities for over 30 years. Services are provided to over 850 clients, to children as young as four years old and adults who are of retirement age.
Among the clientele that we serve, disabilities include mild to profound mental retardation, autism, Asperger's disorder, Down's syndrome, cerebral palsy, Fragile X, Tourette's syndrome, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity disorder, Prader-Willi, severe and persistent mental illness, obsessive/compulsive disorders, seizure and epileptic conditions, and various other medical and fragile conditions (blindness, hearing loss, osteoporosis, etc.).
Some clients are nonambulatory requiring wheelchairs or other adaptive devices for mobility. In these cases, modifications have been made to meet the needs of the clients in accessible homes. Some clients needs are met with 24-hour LPN support and supervision and/or RN consultation. Clients who pose challenging behaviors are provided the individualized support and supervision to address their daily living needs. This may include both formal (Rule 40) and informal programmatic development as well as psychotropic medication monitoring.
* SUPPORTIVE LIVING SERVICES
* SEMI-INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES
* CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
* GUARDIANSHIP/CONSERVATORSHIP SERVICES
* IN-HOME SUPPORT SERVICES