Company:Nannies from the Heartland
Current Opportunities (10)
Location(s):5490 Balsam Lane No
Whether you are new or experienced in the nanny profession, you understand the importance of finding a employer family that appreciates your unique talents.
We can help you!
At Nannies from the Heartland, we're committed to helping nannies find positive opportunities which match their skills with a family's needs. We provide this valuable service to you at no charge.
We put our heart into it.
We put our heart into placing nannies in rewarding jobs where they become a relied upon partner in parenting and make a difference in the lives of families.
Caring, Supportive, Professional Placements
Since 1990, Nannies from the Heartland has been helping nannies find families that match their skills and needs. Here's how our placement professionals will assist you:
We'll take the time to get to know you and what you're looking for through a written application, a personal interview, and your references.
Using multiple resources and posting nanny profiles on our website, we are here to help you market your skills and talents to potential employer families.
Families are pre-screened, usually through personal interviews in their homes. Nannies from the Heartland helps them prepare a realistic job description and a competitive compensation package.
You will have the opportunity to select the families you are interested in interviewing. Nannies from the Heartland will provide you with information on the families and help you prepare for interviews.
Once you've found a family to work with, we'll help get an employment agreement in place so the family meets their obligations as an employer. And, we're available for ongoing support after employment begins.
Why should you work with us?
It's simple, you'll benefit from our experienced staff, marketing tools, and ongoing support services.
Quite often, the best jobs are not publicly advertised. Many excellent employer families work only with Nannies from the Heartland because of the assistance and privacy provided.
We personally interview and screen families seeking our assistance in hiring a nanny. This saves you time and presents opportunities for you which are rewarding, enjoyable, and safe.
We work with families who will respect nannies as professionals, offer competitive compensation packages, and have reasonable work schedules and expectations.
Nannies from the Heartland provides resources and assistance for nannies and families to facilitate the interviewing and hiring process with the goal of long term employment relationships.
You can count on Nannies from the Heartland for ongoing support, information, and opportunities to meet other nannies. Our quarterly newsletter, kids play list program, and nanny/child picnic are exclusive to nannies placed through our agency. You also have the opportunity to earn additional income by being a part of our Temporary Placement Services.
1. Please review our website for; general information, qualifications required, current job openings and our application. If you have the qualifications our families are looking for, we invite you to submit an application and background release form.
2. When we receive these forms from you, we will review them and may call you to schedule an interview in our office.
3. The next step after the interview is to determine if you and Nannies from the Heartland are a good fit. If yes, we will begin the background check. The main task is to contact your references. We won't contact your current employer without your approval.
4. We then prepare a complete applicant file about you that communicates to families what a great nanny you will be. Our positive endorsement of you provides a valuable advantage when interviewing for nanny positions in a competitive job market.
5. In working with you to find a great match with a family we suggest you check out website job openings page and contact us about those positions that interest you. At the same time we will be proactive and contact you when new job opportunities come into our office that we feel would be a good fit for you.
6. For those job opportunities you would like to pursue, we will discuss the job in more detail with you, so you can determine if you want to move forward. If yes, we will call the families to tell them about you and encourage them to review your applicant file that we forward to them.
7. The families review your applicant file, and will call you directly to schedule an interview in their home if interested in meeting you.
8. After that interview, we are available to you and the families to answer any questions and provide assistance as needed.
9. We suggest that you meet with the family a second time if both parties are interested in each other after the initial interview.
10. If a family offers you a job, you then decide whether or not to accept. We're here to help you with communication with the family if needed.
11. If you accept an offer, the family will prepare a written employment agreement for your review.
Please see our Nanny Qualifications . page for more detailed information
We need to answer three broad questions about you for our client families:
Do you have adequate experience and knowledge to care for young children?
Will you be a good employee?
Do you possess the skills and attributes necessary to work with young children in an unsupervised setting?
Because of the requirements for work experience and for post secondary education related to child development (or extensive child care experience), you will typically be at least 21 years old.
The family's expect that you are able to work with them for a minimum of one year and, in most cases, ideally longer.
For live-out jobs, you need a reliable vehicle for transportation to the job, and frequently also for transporting the children.
If you have young children of your own, you need to have reliable child care for them. It is very rare that our client families will hire a nanny who wants to bring her own young child to the job.
You must have a valid driver's license. Your driving record must be clear of any recent offenses relating to drugs or alcohol and excessive moving violations.
Nannies from the Heartland requires all applicants to complete a release form allowing us to conduct background checks.
You need to be a non-smoker.
As a thank you for choosing to work with our agency, upon placement we'll send you our Nannies from the Heartland tote bag.
We also offer a cash bonus for referring other applicants to our agency. After they have completed four months in a job with one of our families, we will pay you $100 for the referral. Of course, they can also earn referral bonuses. Ask us about the details.