Company:Minnetonka Public Schools
Current Opportunities (102)
Location(s):5621 County Road 101
Industry:Education / Training
Size:500 or more
The Minnetonka School District proudly serves the communities of Minnetonka, Chanhassen, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood, Tonka Bay, Victoria and Woodland. As one of Minnesota’s top achieving school districts, Minnetonka also attracts open enrollment/non-resident students from other west metro communities.
More than 8,000 students engage in learning in our six elementary schools (K-5), two middle schools (6-8) and one high school (9-12). More than 500 pre-school children and their parents benefit from early childhood family education at Deephaven Education Center, which is home to many youth enrichments and community education programs.
The mission of the Minnetonka School District, a community that transcends traditional definitions of excellence and where dreams set sail, is to ensure all students envision and pursue their highest aspirations while serving the greater good, through teaching and learning which
• Value and nurture each individual
• Inspire in everyone a passion to excel in confidence and hope, and
• Instill expectations that stimulate extraordinary achievement in the classroom and in life.
In the Minnetonka School District, we believe that:
• An educated populace is integral to a democratic society
• Families have the primary responsibility to ensure the education of their children
• All adults are responsible for the care and welfare of all children
• All people deserve the opportunity to pursue their individual potential
• A person’s attitude is the most significant determinant of success
• Personal fulfillment comes from finding and pursuing one’s passion
• All people have fundamental, intrinsic worth
• The uniqueness of each individual enriches the community
• The dignity of each person is sacred
• All people need to love and be loved
• All people have a right to live and work in a safe environment
• All people have the right to express matters of conscience, in a respectful and responsible manner
• Open and sincere communication results in mutual understanding and commitment to purpose
• Integrity is essential to a meaningful relationship
Our Points of Pride
• Minnetonka High School has a 99% graduation rate, with 91% college-bound.
• The average ACT score for the Class of 2008 was 24.8.
• By fourth grade, the “average Minnetonka student” scores two full grade levels above the national norm in reading and math (NWEA test scores).
• Forty percent of our kindergartners are enrolled in our Spanish and Chinese Language Immersion programs.
• Minnetonka teams have qualified for national competition in both Destination Imagination and Quiz Bowl each of the last four years.
• On our recent parent survey, 98% rated the education provided by our schools as good or excellent.
• Minnetonka is a national recognized leader in using technology as an accelerator of learning.
• Minnetonka is a district of choice. Enrollment for the 2008-09 school year is the largest in three decades.
• In November 2007, residents overwhelmingly supported two referendums- for annual operating revenue and technology funding-which will ensure stable funding for at least the next three years.
• In the fall of 2009, the Minnetonka School District will offer a new program for exceptionally gifted students. The Exceptionally Gifted Program will serve a small, very unique group of learners with I.Q.’s of 145 and above.
• Minnetonka High School provides an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, which is a deep, thought-provoking course or study during the junior and senior year. IB graduates are among the top-tier college recruits in the world.