is currently the largest provider of both community-based supported employment and center-based extended employment in Minnesota. We offer more than 65 distinct programs that serve more than 3,000 people from Southern Minnesota and the Southern Metro areas. Of that number a record 517 people were employed last year in the competitive job market and were able to leave MRCI WorkSource services and 1137 additional people worked in supported employment.
- We value the people we serve. We believe that everyone has unique abilities, and that each person has the right to access services of their own choosing.
- We value relationships. Successful outcomes are founded on individual relationships between the people we serve and our staff members. We believe that both our staff and consumers have the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- We value individualized planning. We provide the supports necessary in assisting everyone to reach their goals and dreams and to lead self-directed lives.
- We value interdependence and collaboration. To be integral and successful community members, we all need the support of others. We believe in working together and forming partnerships to achieve successful outcomes.
- We value leadership and accountability. We believe in a decision-making process that is creative and responsive to the ever-changing needs and desires of the people we serve. To do this, we seek input from our participants in all program areas.
We believe in the mission of MRCI WorkSource. It is the touchstone by which our organization is governed and decisions are made. Our goal is to provide the organizational climate, resources, and framework necessary to promote and support the community inclusion and participation of our consumers.
Without a dedicated and well-trained staff, MRCI WorkSource could not accomplish the organization’s mission of creating innovative and genuine work opportunities for people with disabilities or disadvantages. MRCI WorkSource employs more than 300 staff throughout Southern Minnesota and the Southern Metro in one of our many facilities. You can reach your career goals and dreams while supporting people with disabilities do the same.
If you enjoy working with people, are dependable, can problem solve using sound common sense, and have a sense of humor, MRCI WorkSource may be the right place for you. Depending on the circumstances, job opportunities at MRCI WorkSource can be diverse and varied. Many jobs require individuals to assist and support others. All positions require at least a high school diploma/GED, a basic understanding of individuals with developmental disabilities, and the desire to work with people.
Our positions are generally full-time, and occasionally may need on-call substitutes. You can expect a typical Monday through Friday work week, daytime schedule, good benefits, and fair wages. We’ll assist you in your personal development by providing at least 20 hours per year in training and continuing education.
These jobs are challenging due to our innovative program structure requiring specialized attention to each individual we serve. You can get much satisfaction by helping people with disabilities discover their interests, understand their choices, make job and life plans, and share in their personal accomplishments.
To find out how you can join the MRCI WorkSource staff, review the current openings and submit an application today!